UPDATED MASK POLICY based on the August 2, 2021 county order
The CDC has recently amended their mask recommendations for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals due to the rapid spread of the delta variant via both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals. (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7031e2.htm)
In light of this, Santa Clara County has implemented an indoor mask policy for all regardless of vaccination status. According to covid19.sccgov.org, “universal indoor use of face coverings is the least disruptive and most immediately impactful additional measure to take.”
FROM THE SCC ORDER:
Requirement to Wear Face Coverings Indoors.
a. Regardless of vaccination status, all persons must wear face coverings at all times when indoors except:
(l) in their own residence or working in a closed room or office alone or with members of their household;
(2) when they are actively performing an activity that cannot be done while wearing a face covering (e.g., actively eating or drinking, swimming or showering in a fitness facility, or obtaining a medical or cosmetic service requiring removal of a face covering); or,
(3) as specifically exempted from use of face coverings under the guidance of CDPH (e.g., to communicate with someone who is hearing impaired or where a face covering poses a safety risk).
VACCINATION DISCLOSURE POLICY
In an effort to continue to respect everyoneâ€™s private health information and although many instructors have chosen to participate in the vaccination program, we will still not be disclosing the INDIVIDUAL vaccination status of our instructors or staff, nor will we require you to share that information with us. We want everyone to feel comfortable teaching or swimming with us and we trust all of you to maintain your own health and stay home if you are sick.
We make these statements confidently because we trust the data that says:
- our water inactivates the virus that causes Covid-19 within 30 seconds,
- our ventilation system more than adequately exchanges the air for prevention of transmission,
- no outbreaks have ever been traced back to our swim school,
- and drowning prevention lessons continue to be classified as an Essential Service in the state of California!
Feeling safe is also essential to the learning process so if you are uncomfortable about joining us now, please know our warm water pools are open all winter long and we will be here for you when you are ready!
~The Swim Pro Team